This is just the latest example of why government-managed healthcare is bad – the guy was in the hospital for a hip-replacement surgery and he died from dehydration. You might expect the staff to be shocked and ashamed something like that could happen in their hospital.
You may know that I lost my grandfather to malpractice; the anesthesiologist at his knee surgery left a vial of something-or-other that is to be used within a day of opening on an unrefridgerated cart for three days, then injected him. Took a couple of weeks for him to die. Wasn’t the first “accident” but WAS the first death.
Family sued, won, and the guy was fired and had his medical certs turned off for a few years.
Think that’ll happen in this case?